Sunday 1 February 2015

January Priceline Haul

I'm meaning to do a spending ban this year to curb my expenses and to save money for important things like getting my own car. But, I've been bad and gave in to my inner demons that told me to buy items I "need."  You know when you're sad and you suddenly find yourself in Priceline, you tend to buy something to give you that instant boost of happiness and that's what happened with these purchases.

But, I'm telling myself that January is just the testing period! Today is 1st of Feb and I won't buy anymore makeup or skincare products unless I've ran out of that product. And, I'll try my best to stick with this resolution. :)


So, here's January's Priceline haul and hopefully this will not be a monthly haul! Only exception is if they're offering a goodie bag which I love because I can share the goodies with my family.



These were bought 3 weeks ago and I only planned to buy a body wash and facial wipes!





Veet and Savvy were having a 3 for 2 sale 2 weeks ago and I needed to buy a hair removal cream.



Here are my thoughts about these products:


Imperial Leather body wash in Forbidden Fruit


I just started using this a few days ago and I like it! It's very affordable which is my main concern as I don't want to spend a lot of money on basic things like body wash. It has blackberry blossom and wild fig which is a nice combination. I like that it smells really nice but not too overpowering. It's also very moisturising and doesn't leave my skin squeaky clean which I don't like. My only regret is not getting another Imperial Leather body wash at the recent Priceline 40% skincare sale.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge


This is always soldout at my Priceline store so when I saw this and it's on sale I decided to splurge and get one. I've been meaning to buy a Beauty Blender but the price plus shipping costs puts me off and I've read that the Real Techniques sponge is the next best thing and more affordable so I got this instead. I've used this once for foundation and it does make the application more flawless. I do love using this to blend in after contouring, it saves time and looks natural.


Schwarzkopf Ultra Brights in Magnetic Purple


This one is just a big FAIL!! I've always wanted to have raspberry hair and in impulse I bought this thinking (stupidly) that my hair will be as exciting as the hair pictured! It doesn't say anywhere in the box that this is only for blondes and I didn't learn about this until I read the info sheet inside. I don't believe that my hair will turn like a vibrant purple but I was hoping for at least some color. I have naturally brownish black hair but I've been coloring my hair so it's more like brownish red in the sun at the moment. I'm very stubborn, so although I've read that this will not do anything for my hair, I still tried it! I already opened the package and got myself excited so might as well try it! LOL
That's the end of the happy part! All I got is a purple scalp! hahaha


Beauty Essential Make-up Remover Wipes


This I must say is the worst facial wipes I have tried! I use facial wipes everyday so I try different brands as there's so many to choose from. I usually buy the ones that are on sale but nothing's on sale at that time so I bought the cheapest I can find and I regretted it. It's not as moist as I want it to be but the moisture is still okay and it's fragrance free but that's all I like about it. It's somewhat rough on the skin and I have to scrub my face quite a lot as it doesn't really remove my makeup. I can't wait to finish it off so I can go back to my fave Swisspers facial wipes with mango extract!



Savvy lipstick in Mahogany


I just discovered dark lippies last December so I'm trying to catch up with my collection as I mostly have pink lippies and it's hard when you're trying to stick with a spending ban. So, to indulge myself I chose a Savvy lipstick as it's very cheap. I think this one is only $4.99! It looks darker than in the picture and it needs reapplying but not that much.



Savvvy Super Glossy Lipstick in Mia


I was only supposed to buy 1 lippie but this one caught my attention and I just have to buy it. And yes, you guessed it! It's because it's named after me! LOL  It says super glossy but it's really not! The lippie looks glossy but you have to apply several times to make it really pop out. The staying power is not that good as well and I'm a little disappointed as this is more expensive than the other lippie. I'm still going to use it though 'cause it's fun to wear something named after you! :p




Now, here's my week after purchase and I was only supposed to buy ONE Veet In Shower hair removal cream but they have a 3 for 2 sale so although it takes me ages to use up one, I decided to stock up and I think it's a good buy as they don't expire till 2016!


Veet In Shower Hair Removal Cream in Natural Inspirations and Suprem' Essence


The In shower cream is my fave Veet product! I've used other products from Veet but this is the easiest to use in my opinion! I hate wasting time freezing naked while you wait until it's time to remove those nasty hairs in your body! This one is perfect for me. Apply it then step in the shower, wash your face and by the time you're finished, your hair is ready to be removed! Easy peasy!


Veet Spray On Hair Removal Cream


Good thing I only bought one of this as I'm beginning to have a love-hate relationship with this. There's a reason why the instruction states that you should step in the shower before application. I first used this outside the shower and boy, it ended up everywhere! Good thing it's easy to clean and almost fragrance free. Do be careful though when you do your application in the shower as it can get really slippery when the water hits the floor. This product is okay but it made me realize I still hate waiting in the cold!



I wasn't planning to buy any make-up but I spotted that my new found Savvy is having a 3 for 2 sale too! And, since most of their products if not all are below $10 I decided it wouldn't hurt to buy some but it turns out this is an epic fail too!

Here's why:


  Savvy eyebrow pencil in Brown
Savvy long lasting matte lipstick in Bali
Savvy lipstick in Mahogany


Yep! I bought the SAME Mahogany shade that I got the week before! I was in a rush and it looks really nice in the shelf and only realized my mistake when I took pictures! I'm just going to keep it and give it to my mom or maybe add it to my next giveaway?!




The matte lipstick in Bali is really nice! It's a dark plum shade and much darker than in the picture. The staying power is really good considering it's less than $10! I've eaten and drank several glasses of water already and it's still there! My lips also feels very moisturised and doesn't feel like a matte lippie at all. This is fast becoming my fave matte lippie!





First of all, forgive my not so perfect application and my weird eyes. I'm still learning how to apply it like a pro and my eyes doesn't want to match when it's tired!

I bought this eyebrow pencil as I used up my HG Chella eyebrow pencil and decided to try another brand. Wrong move! I got the shade Brown but I find it too dark for me and doesn't suit my skin tone. I have to be careful not to apply too much as it can get really weird quickly! I tried the shade Taupe in Priceline which is a shade lighter than Brown but it's too light for me and doesn't colour my brows at all. I'll still use it to get value for my money but maybe pair it with my Benefit Gimme Brow in light brown which makes my brows grey. Oh well!



So, that's my last month's Priceline haul and also check out my Priceline 40% Off Skincare Haul here.

I'm hoping and I will try my very best to have this as one of my last makeup and skincare hauls for the year. I'm still subscribed to Violet Box and The Parcel but that's it, no more unnecessary purchases until I use up all my stocked products.

I'll also try to do a Beauty Inventory post soon! 




What do you think of my Priceline haul?

Have you done an epic fail purchase recently?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!




Keep on smiling!  :)


xoxo Mia 

8 comments:

  1. I really love the Savvy lipsticks. Their long lasting matte range is incredible. It outperforms lipsticks that are 3 or 4 times the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually really surprised how nice it is! If only I have discovered this before my self-imposed spending ban! I may have to give in every payday! lol

      Delete
  2. Dark lippies look amazing on you! Good luck with buying only what you need. I've been doing ok lately, I find not going to Priceline helps, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indie! Before I thought dark lippies are only for mature women so I avoided them like a plague, maybe because I'm getting older that I like it now on me.
      Hubby just told me to buy him a conditioner and with the incoming hair goodie bag, I don't know if I can resist! lol

      Delete
  3. I'm interested in the Savvy lippy too. The Bali colour looks beautiful, but I find mattes don't suit me. I'll check them out anyway. I've got other mattes that I just pop gloss over. I'm so white I'm virtually translucent. When I wear a matte lippy it looks so two dimensional, like a magazine cut out stuck flat onto my face. LOL!
    I've used that Schwarzkopf colour & it'll give you incredible shine, so it's not a complete waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misfortun8! I've never seen anyone looking two dimensional! lol
      The Savvy matte lipstick is not that drying and actually feels like a regular lippie which is a nice surprise.
      I didn't notice getting a shiny hair with that Schwarzkopf (God, it's so hard to spell!!), maybe it just didn't work for me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I somehow managed to restrain myself from the 40% haul recently! I find it easier to just stay away from shops and online shopping sites, keeping busy doing other things helps a bit! But it is so hard, especially when there is something you want or need and then you browse and end up finding more and more things to purchase! Ahh, the struggles! haha! Good luck next month Mia! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I wasn't planning on checking out the 40% off sale until I suddenly have to buy something and all those restraining power just disappeared into thin air! LOL
      Good on you on resisting and may your restraining powers rub on me! :)

      Delete