Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Empties -2015

My 1st empties post for the year! Yey! It's nice to finish products so you can use your back up ones!
We recently went on a short vacation so I was able to use some of my stashed sachets. I know some people hate sachets as it can get messy to use but I actually love them as it allows me to use and try different brands as I always get stuck with one product for ages as I only use a pea size amount every use.


Okay, so here's what I finished last month!








Sukin Rosehip Oil
- I think this was my 3rd bottle of Sukin RHO but I wasn't able to finish it as I  think it became stale already as I have tried other serums and moisturisers. It's not the best smelling RHO but it works really great on my skin. My skin feels really soft and it's clearer the next day.

Verdict: It's a very good product but  I just purchased A'kin RHO recently as it smells a lot better so I don't think I'll be buying Sukin for quite some time.


John Frieda Touchably Full Shampoo
-This shampoo promises a fuller hair as you can see on the name itself. I have very fine and can easily get limp hair.  Did I see a noticeable touchably full hair? HELL NO!  It's just a normal shampoo for me and nothing extraordinary.

Verdict: Definitely not believable! I won't purchase a full size of this!


Hello Kitty body mist in Bubblegum
- I know this is for kids but I actually really love the smell of this! In fact, I think this was my 3rd or 4th bottle. It has a sweet scent that reminds me of candy floss. I usually can't stand sweet or floral scents but this mist is not too heady and I've gotten a lot of compliments from this.

Verdict: Love it! I'll finish my other perfumes or body sprays then I'll get another bottle of this.


Premium Spa body wash in Tangerine and Lime Zest
-This is a nice body wash but not really a standout for me. It has that fresh citrus scent and doesn't lather that much so I was able to finish this quickly. There's heaps of body wash out there so I'll definitely try other brands first and not repurchase this.

Verdict: Just an okay body wash! It does give you that fresh clean scent afterwards.


Sukin nourishing Conditioner
-We use Sukin shampoos and conditioners regularly. I buy these whenever they're on sale or our stock is running low. It has that distinct Sukin smell that I love. A definite fave!

Verdict: Love it! I will definitely repurchase!








CE Natural Essentials facial wipes in Aloe Vera
- I found this at our local IGA and was attracted to it since it's Australian made and owned. It's alcohol free and hypoallergenic. It's almost fragrance free and I was quite surprised how good it is considering it's not a well known brand and it's less than $5. It's very moist and removes my makeup easily. It's also a 3 in 1 product ( cleanses, tones and moisturises.)

Verdict: Superb! I'll repurchase this!


Swisspers facial wipes in Cucumber
-I like Swisspers! It does it's job and doesn't irritate my skin. This one is quite refreshing and good for travel.

Verdict: A good one! I'll repurchase but I like the one with Mango extracts version better.


Summer's Eve feminine wash in Delicate Blossom
- Our pearl down there are self cleaning so feminine wash and wipes are most of the time unnecessary. I still used this to try it out and it's okay. It has a nice clean scent and doesn't have that strong floral scent. It didn't irritate me so I'm okay with it.

Verdict: Okay product but not a necessity so I  won't buy a full size product of this.


Elixia Daily Skin Smoothing Lotion
- It has a slight yellow color, smells and feels like a normal lotion. It claims to smooth away the fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days but obviously this didn't last me 28 days so I can't tell if it works. However, I didn't notice any significant change in my complexion. I also changed several skincare products at the same time and I had breakouts so I can't pinpoint if this is the culprit or not.

Verdict: Just okay with me. Repurchase? No, I have of moisturisers to use first and this is not a standout for me.


Planet Eve Facial Exfoliator
- It's my first time to use a fruit enzyme exfoliator and I didn't know what to expect at first. I love the packaging of this sample, so easy to use. It smells very organic and doesn't dry or irritate my skin.  It's actually very gentle and left my face really clean yet soft. It actually cleared my whiteheads which is hard to achieve with normal face masks.

Verdict: Quite good! Love that's it organic and works wonders on my face! I'll definitely check this out!


MyChelle Pure Harmony Cleanser
-It's like a white creamy cleanser that doesn't lather much which I like. It cleanses my face without drying it but not a standout for me.

Verdict: Nice enough but not a standout.


Benefit Instant Comeback Facial Serum
-I've read good reviews about this product and I was happy to get a sample of this. I believe this is water based and it has a nice fresh scent. I love that my skin absorbs this product so easily and I don't have to wait for ages to apply my moisturiser. I haven't noticed a change in my skin but that's understandable as it's a small sample.

Verdict: I like it! It reminds me of the Neutrogena Hydroboost. I might buy this after I finish my lot of serums.





Revlon Renewist in Coffee Fix
-This was my 1st brown lippie and I had this for ages, the tube is so dirty as you can see. It's still halfway full as brown lippies doesn't really suit me.  I do like that it's moisturising but it's just not for me.

Verdict: I won't repurchase as I just look washed out with this shade.


Benefit They're Real Mascara mini
- I discovered Benefit last year ( I know, late bloomer!) and I went into a Benefit frenzy. This mascara started it all and I became hooked. I think this was my 2nd mini and I still have a full size one in stock. I love the wand as it does accentuate my lashes and makes it look fuller and longer.  I will be washing and desensitizing this so I can use the wand again.  The only thing I don't like about this is that it's very hard to remove but I can live with that.

Verdict: I totally love this! Benefit is launching a new mascara later this month called Roller Lash so I might try that as well.


Mirenesse Secret Weapon Super Long Mascara mini
-I had high hopes for this product because of its name but unfortunately, it's a big disappointment! It claims to make your lashes really long but it didn't do anything special, my lashes just look tinted. I have naturally long and curled lashes but it's very sparse.  My lashes usually love any mascara but not this one. This can be used for those not so important events like doing the grocery or if you just want a little tint on your lashes. It doesn't lengthen nor volumize your peepers but the brush is small enough for it to be safe to use on your lower lashes without accidentally poking your eyes. This is hard to remove with facial wipes because of the water based formula but once you shower, it easily glides away when you wash it water.

Verdict: A disappointment but it's good to use for the inner corner and lower lashes due to the small brush.



These are all my empties for January, thank you for taking the time to read!

Have you tried any of these products?  What's your favorite?


I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Keep on smiling! :)


xoxo Mia



4 comments:

  1. I have that exact same Hello Kitty body spray too! It's sooo nice! I love them and think they're so cute! :D I don't mind satchets either as they can quickly used up and I've tried a new product which I may or may not purchase depending on if I like it enough. :) Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Hello Kitty fan! Yey! It is very nice and a great everyday scent that you can share with your daughter as well!
      And yes, I like sachets for that reason too and it takes me ages to use up a full size product so samples suit me well! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of samples, but just don't get around to using them, and often throw them out. Maybe I should start saving them for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Indie! I still have a small box of samples and I keep getting more from the mail as I love applying for freebies on the internet. I also send most of them back home to my mom and family every Christmas time. Just let me know if you have some spare and I'll be more than happy to pay for shipping! Thank you for the offer! :)

      Delete