Sunday 8 February 2015

Violet Box January 2015 Review



Yes, it's my January Violet Box but it only arrived last week and it's already February! I wasn't really that bothered that it arrived late as I know it always contains good items.  It would have been nice though to be told earlier that the box will be late and another item or sample thrown in like what other subscription boxes do if they can't deliver on time.




January's theme was New Year New You.  I thought they will be introducing new brands as the theme suggests but that wasn't the case as some of the items are from brands they have introduced to members already, I'm still okay with that as I haven't tried all of the products I got.




As usual, it comes with an info card which I love.  I rely on this card to tell me everything I need to know about the product I got as it's so much of a hassle to research it on your own when you just want a simple explanation on how the product works and how much it costs.


So, here's what I got:








I have received 3 full size products and 2 samples and this is what I like about Violet Box.  You get several full size items and not a bunch of samples in an almost empty box.




Let's take a look at the items:


The Cosmetic Kitchen Raw Chocolate Clay Mask  $24.95


I got really curious with this product as I first thought it was a chocolate powder that got into the box in error! Apparently, this is a natural raw cacao powder that's certified cruelty free and vergan.  I'm a big supporter of organic products so this is a big check for me! You can either just mix it with water or get more complicated and mix it with avocado and olive or jojoba oil.  You only have to use one teaspoon per use so I'm guessing you can get 5-8 uses in one pack.  The only thing I don't really like about this product is the not so thoughtful packaging! Given that you can't use all of it in one go, it should at least be in a resealable bag or a container. This is best used with your girlfriends so you can just throw out the bag after and not worry about accidental mess after. 



Lonvitalite 24K Gold Yulan Eye Mask  $25.95 (5 pack)


I have received several Lonvitalite masks from Violet Box before and I quite like it. I know there are several subscribers complaining about having irritation when using this brand but I guess I'm lucky that my skin is not that sensitive.  It claims to provide intense cooling and soothing relief to over exposed skin. I haven't used an eye mask for ages and sometimes it's more soothing than a face mask.  Let's just hope my skin will love this mask as well!


Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel  $67 50ml


I have received a 5ml sample and the packaging is really nice and looks luxurious. Although the hefty price of $67 for a full size is very disturbing, that's just way too expensive for me so I'll just be happy with this sample. This is clearly not a mask as it says clearly on the box. It's actually quite an interesting product as you spread the gel thinly on your clean skin, massage the area in 15-20 seconds and solids should form underneath the fingertips. It means that the product is now removing your dead skin and you massage for another 2-3 minutes until it's ready to be removed and cleansed.  It sounds pretty exciting and promising and with that price tag I'm guessing it works wonders!


Emite Make up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir $24.95


I love eye liners or pencils! It's one of my basic make up staples and I feel naked without one! I'm always happy to receive an eye liner especially if I still don't have that shade like this cream shade. It's very pigmented, glides nicely and creamy. This is perfect to use in the inner corners of your eyes or to create natural lash marks. It gives you an instant fresh look which is good after a night out. 


Mellow Cosmetics Blush in Pink  $14


This is the second Mellow Cosmetics product that I got from Violet Box and I'm not complaining.  The quality is surprisingly good considering the price and not so perfect packaging.  I have read that other beauties had some mishap with their blushes and I can understand why. The box that came with it was too small for the blush and I have to rip the opening as you can see on the picture so I can take out the blush. The container itself is not the best and you have to be careful in opening it as it can get broken easily. I do like the see through lid and the blush itself is amazing! It's sort of creamy and matte and not so pigmented when applied.  It's very buildable and looks nice on my olive skin. This brand has a lot of potential and I wouldn't mind getting a different product in my next box.



Here's the swatches of the eye pencil and the blush. The eye pencil was swatched only once and you can see how pigmented it is.  The blush I have to swatch a lot of times so it will be noticeable and it looks really soft and natural in my cheeks.



Violet Box is a monthly subscription box for $22.95 wherein you will get beauty or body products for you to enjoy!  What's exciting about a sub box is that you don't know what you're going to get but this box always have 2-3 full size products which is a lot better than other sub boxes.


If you want to subscribe to Violet Box, it will be nice and will be much appreciated if you can use my referral code or referral email below.  :)

http://www.violetbox.com.au/

REFERRAL CODE: 169092

REFERRAL EMAIL: smilingfilipina@gmail.com



So what do you think about this January Violet Box?  

Have you tried any of the products I got or heard about these brands?


I'd love to hear about your thoughts!



Keep on smiling!  :)


xoxo  Mia 

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I hear about this box but it really looks nice, the blush looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty and applies so smoothly! They still haven't started shipping for the Feb box so you can still get it if you want. :)

      Delete
  2. Great box makes me wanna re subscribe with them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good one and I think they're so much better than Bellabox.

      Delete