Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner Review

Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner $34.99
I have received this Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner from my May 2014 Bellabox. You can see my full review of this subscription box here. This is a good size sample and quite a nice surprise!


This is the product that I'm so happy to receive. I have been trying to convert to conditioner only routine for years to no avail! Mr. SF only uses conditioner since he was a kid and I swear he has the shiniest and nicest hair I've ever seen. I have tried using DIY oil substitutes and conditioner only for months but it only made my hair limp, flaky and oily. So, getting this cleansing conditioner is heaven sent! I tried it this morning as well and it does cleanse your hair without giving you the oily result after. I also put a little bit as a leave in conditioner after rinsing and my hair was very soft and accentuated my wavy hair. The only thing that disappointed me is that it claims to make your hair shiny but. alas, not for me. Maybe it will be shiny after a few days of use so I'm not giving up! I really like this product and I have high hopes for this!





I'm also very happy that Bellabox members get to buy a Wen Regular Deluxe Kit for $29.99 only with free shipping. SRP is $39.99 plus P&H of $12.99 so that's already a savings of $22.99 and I love bargains so I'm definitely going to avail this special offer!

www.chazdeanwen.com.au


What it includes?

Our Regular Deluxe Kit comes with:
Plus you get the WEN Travel kit valued at $44.97, which includes:
However, when I read the T&Cs it made me not want to reorder after the initial offer as it's very costly. It's an automatic repurchase after 3 months and comparing it to their US website, it's way overpriced even if you consider the importation of the products. It also doesn't state if you're going to get the Extra Large Supply after the initial order. 

US Wen by Chaz Dean website

www.wen.com

WEN® Hair Care Basic Kit - Sweet Almond Mint Regular Supply. WITH TODAY’S ORDER, YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FREE GIFTS AND FREE SHIPPING! For today’s Regular Basic Kit, you will be charged 1 payment of $29.95 with Free Standard shipping and handling for this shipment. Starting 30-days from your order date, you will receive a new extra-large supply of the Cleansing Conditioner, the Anti-Frizz Styling Crème and an on-going bonus of the Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Treatment  – every 3 months at the guaranteed low price of jus$29.95 plus $3.99 shipping and handling per month, which will conveniently be charged to the card you provide today unless you call to cancel. There is no commitment and no minimum to buy. To customize this program or future shipments and charges, call customer service anytime at 1-800-685-3216. Every WEN® purchase includes a 60-day money-back guarantee of the purchase price less shipping and handling.

Australian Wen by Chaz Dean website

www.chazdeanwen.com.au

By ordering Chaz Dean WEN Regular Deluxe Kit, I understand I am requesting that I receive a fresh new supply of Chaz Dean WEN every 90 days at the price of $49.99 per month (totaling $149.97 every 3 months) plus $12.99 P&H per shipment billed to the same credit card. There is no minimum to buy and I can cancel or change the frequency of my deliveries anytime. I even have the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee of the purchase price (less P&H) if I am not completely satisfied with the products

Comparison:
US- Basic Kit




OZ-Regular Deluxe Kit

(PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WORDINGS ARE DIFFERENT BUT PRODUCTS AND SIZES ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR ULTRA NOURISHING CLEANSING TREATMENT AND STYLING CREME BUT I BELIEVE THESE 2 PRODUCTS ARE ALMOST THE SAME VALUE)


Initial Order
US- $29.99 + FREE P&H for standard shipping  = $29.99
OZ- $39.99 + $12.99 P&H standard shipping     = $52.98

Recurring Order after every 3 months
(note: US site clearly states that next delivery will be for extra large supply but I can't find anything in the Oz site)
US- $29.95 x 3 payments + $3.99 P&H   = $93.84
OZ- $49.99 x 3 payments + $12.99 P&H = $162.96

$162.96 for hair products every 3 months is just so insane! I don't think I can justify paying almost double than the retail price from the US. So, for those like me who will avail the special offer from Bellabox, make sure you read all the conditions attached to it and if you don't want to have a nasty expensive charge in your card after 30 days, make sure to cancel your automatic subscription from Wen.


Please don't think this is a hate campaign for Wen, I'm just stating facts and as a budget conscious consumer I think it's only fair to let other people be aware of what they are getting into before getting a nasty surprise in their bank accounts.

I do love this product and it's such a shame that even though Wen products are distributed here in Australia, it's too costly for an average consumer like me. I hope Wen by Chaz Dean Australia will at least lower the prices if they can't match the prices being offered by Wen by Chaz Dean USA. However, I have not lose all hope yet as Bellabox offers this product as well without the recurring horrifying monthly payments. We just have to wait and hope they restock soon!


What do you think of this review?


I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading.

Keep on smiling!  :)

xoxo Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment