Wednesday 7 May 2014

About me: Smiling Filipina



I'm Mia!
A proud Filipina who's now based in Melbourne.

I'm a typical female who loves shoes, clothes, unnecessary junk and bargains!

I'm starting this blog to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams. I have always wanted to write, to share my joys, struggles and random thoughts in life. I'll be sharing with you what it's like to live here in Australia for an average Filipina who wishes to win Tatts Lotto everyday but alas, it's still an elusive dream so I have to content myself with my 9-5 work salary!

Join me in my journey in finding happiness in simple things.


Why Smiling Filipina?

It took me days to choose my blog name. I've been reading endlessly about tips on how to choose the best one and the #1 tip is to create a blog name that will best describe you and what you want to write in your blog. So, I asked Mr SF to describe me and he automatically sang Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows!

I then remembered that last Valentine's Day, we had a Heart Wall at work where everyone gets an origami heart with their name written on it. Everyone was then asked to fill the hearts of whoever you like with notes of what you love about that person.

Here's what I got!








I was overwhelmed! I didn't realize that I can affect people in a positive way. People always tell me I'm smiling all the time and they even ask me why. I don't know. It's just me. Maybe it's the Filipino in me. Always smiling! Always positive! I even remembered I made my Team Leader pissed off before for always smiling! LOL She said I shouldn't be smiling all the time. Oh well, I can't help it!

Just want to share with you as well, what happened because of this smiling face. I just started at my workplace and someone from Marketing Team, I think, came to our department with a camera and asking everyone if it's okay to have their pictures taken. Seeing a camera pointed at me, I did what any typical Filipina or typical Asian will do, I smiled and posed!


Next thing I knew, I got an email saying they want to get me as one of the company models to represent the workplace! It was supposed to be used for internal use only but they said they liked my pictures so much it ended up on the posters and brochures! So funny seeing your pictures all over the building and people coming up to you and saying, "Hey! you're the one in the poster, right?"  If only I got paid for this "modelling gig"! hahaha


Here's the poster pic! Sorry, can't tell you the company though.


And this is the brochure pic! Tell me if you happen to get this one mailed to you! :)


And if you happen to have read this far, thank you! But wait! There's more!!  Subscribe to my blog by subscribing with your email address or follow me via Facebook, Google+ or Instagram and you may win my giveaway that I will be posting in a few weeks time!


Thanks for reading! Keep on Smiling! :)

 Mia

{Feel free to leave a comment of what you think about this post. :) }





4 comments:

  1. Hi Mia my friend. I read your blog once I saw the link on facebook. All I can say is you've never change since the first day I met you. You've always been that sweet little sunshine to everyone and the name of your blog site fits perfectly to your personality. Keep this up. Always take care :) - RAIN CAYETANO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aawwww thanks so much Rain! you made my day!! thanks for reading! stay sweet and nice as always :)

      Delete
  2. wow so cool, those notes are so sweet as your smile. congrats for being a model even if doesn't have talent fee, indeed an honor! Smile will bring you anywhere, i love smiling too even my husband smiles alot, he just had his job interviews, ended up getting hired in 6 interviews because of his irresistible smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great introduction bio, for men Brando Biker Black Leather Jacketis a new jakcet for ocassions.

    ReplyDelete