Saturday 17 May 2014

Salon Shock!

Today, I went to the salon just to have my hair colored and not to have it shortened but just to give it a more layered look. Unluckily for me, the hairdresser has a different mind set!!

 I should have ran to the door the minute she called me a different name!

 She asked for my name and I said it's MIA. "What a lovely name!! I have another client named Mia and she's lovely too." So I thought, great! she won't forget my name!

 And, so I thought.
 She did call me Mia probably 2 times before I ended up as MIMA for the rest of the day. Nice! Now, I'm MIMA!!

 Oh well, At least it's close enough!

And good thing I'm not the only one.

Another lady came in to the salon:
HAIRDRESSER: Hello! What's your name?
LADY: Tiffany.
HAIRDRESSER:Sorry?
LADY: TI-FFA-NY
HAIRDRESSER: Oh okay STEPHANIE! Do you want a haircut as well?

I told myself, maybe she's not that bad. After all, she was recommended by my hairdresser picky other half!

So, I chose the hair color I want to try which looks like brownish red but too bad I have dark hair so it didn't turn out that way but it's okay 'cause I ended up liking it anyway.

I did want to have some highlights but she insisted I shouldn't so I said okay, maybe it's not a great idea after all.

However, my biggest shock of all was when I informed her countless of times that I don't want to shorten my hair as it takes ages to grow but all of a sudden she just cut a huge chunk of my hair from the back!

She must have seen my gaping mouth as she suddenly blurted out (and repeatedly said it all throughout), "I'm keeping the length! See! See! (while holding my already cut hair) I'm just layering it to make it nicer 'cause you're hair wasn't styled before!"

And so the few inches I patiently managed to grow for 6 months fell down to the floor.

Of course, there should be a fringe (bangs) incident.

I told her, I want just a little bit of side fringe as I have a tried a full fringe before and I can't seem to get the hang of it. She did had it cut nicely. Until, after 5 minutes she decided I need to have a full fringe instead! Aargghhh! My brother will call me Dora the Explorer again!

Good thing, the color turned out to be a pleasant surprise so I ended up liking it. And besides, she's such a character! She made my day interesting!

So, here's the After pictures!

Just click on my previous post here to check the Before pictures!

Tell me what you think. :)


The best pic, he said!



Sorry Tyra! I forgot to smize!

Older version of Dora! LOL



Ellie the kelpie AKA Photobomber dog


Let's blend in with the roses!



Hoping my hair will still look nice and manageable after a wash, but I doubt it!


So, have you had any salon shock experience as well?

I'd love to hear your stories! Just comment below.  :)


Thanks for reading!

Keep on smiling! :)

xoxo MIA  aka MIMA


No comments:

Post a Comment