Saturday 5 July 2014

Red Pawpaw June 2014 Review

After seeing a post about Red Pawpaw I knew I have to subscribe!

If you haven't heard Red Pawpaw yet then you are missing out on one of the best subscription boxes here in Oz!

What is it?

It's a subscription box for $5 or $10 a month and you get over $30 worth of household items!
There's 2 options:
$5/month where you trial the products and give a feedback after
$10/month if you only want to trial it 



They're actually quite new and just 3 months old and I was lucky enough to get a membership and be part of their 10,000 customers. They currently stopped taking new members but you can sign up to be in their waiting list and I believe they will soon reopen membership. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed! For just $5 it's definitely worth it!

So, what did I get?



It comes in a medium size white and red box that you can reuse.


Isn't this just amazing? I was giddy with excitement!

We already use most of these items and  I'm happy to get items we already love and new ones to try. There should have been a catalogue included but unfortunately I didn't get one so I'll try to describe the products as much as I can. 



Adriano Zumbo's Passionfruit Macarons

You have to bake your own macarons but I just don't have the time to do it. Hopefully, I can bake my yummy macarons this weekend. I like macarons and getting this easy to bake ones are just awesome. 

I must admit I don't know Adriano Zumbo but with the help of Google I was able to find out that he's one of  Australia's most celebrated patissiers. He also has several cafes around Australia and also offers baking classes that looks very interesting. Someone posted that this is only $7.99 at Coles so if turns out good then I may buy again.


Kellogg's Special K Cracker Crisps in Honey Barbecue

When we first opened the box, this Kellogg's box is sideways and all we can see was Kellogg's and Honey Barbecue flavour. Mr SF commented that Honey Barbecue for a cereal flavour sounds really weird and I was thinking the same thing! So, we took out the box and looked at the picture and read it properly and that's when we realized it's actually chips! We didn't even know Kellogg's offer "healthy chips" now! 

Since, it's very new to me I was very excited to taste this one and I just have to eat it right away. I actually quite like it as it's not oily at all and makes you believe you're substituting your chips craving for a healthier version! I may have a look if I can get other flavours of this Cracker Crisps next time I go to the supermarket.


Pine Cleen Disinfecting Wipes in Eucalyptus Blossom

I love using disinfecting wipes around the house, especially in the kitchen and toilet/bathroom area.  We have been using Pine Cleen before and I love this Eucalyptus Blossom scent as it has natural decongestant properties.  I will definitely buy this product again and again.



Taylor's Minestrone with Aussie Vegetables

I'm not really a  fan of soups in packets but it's good someone in the family does! Soups are good in winter especially if you're feeling lazy and cold in this cold weather. This product also says it has vegetables on it that will make it really filling. It's also a good serving and looks like it can fill a medium to large bowl.



Ovaltine Cold Crunch

This is one of the products I tried out first. I have always loved Ovaltine as a kid and this brings me back to my childhood. I think this is a new product from Ovaltine as I haven't seen it before from our local IGA. I like that it is very easy to use and fuss free. Just put 3 tablespoon in a glass and pour cold milk and enjoy your Cold Crunch. No need to put sugar and it tastes great. If you don't fancy cold drinks this winter, you can just heat up your milk instead of using cold milk. Any kid or kid at heart will surely love this!



Gravox Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar Finishing Sauce

We already use Gravox gravy and trying out this flavour is pretty interesting. It's Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar and normally won't be our first choice for a sauce flavour. It turned out to be a nice surprise. It has that distinct taste of Balsamic Vinegar but it's not that sour, just enough to give your sauce a little bit of kick. We used this as a finishing sauce for roasted pork and I used this on my mashed potatoes as well and I loved it. One thing that makes us like this more is that the packet itself is microwaveable and you can just pour it directly to your food making it clutter free.



Henry Jones & Co Blood Orange & Chia Seeds

This is a new product for us and I'm happy I got this as I love jams with my toast. I'm also very curious what it will taste like as I have never seen a jam with the healthy cult Chia seeds. At first, I was looking for the all too common sweetness of jams but after having a second bite I decided I like this not so sweet jam. It actually doesn't have any cane sugar in it and only has natural sugar that came from the fruit. It's just a little bit sour but it blends well with the overall taste and I recommend this for people who don't like sweet jams or if you just want to try a healthier and tasty jam. 



Green's Pancake Shake in Buttermilk

Another product that we have been using already and the only pancake brand that we use. We really love this easy to use bottle where you only have to pour water, shake it and pour in your pan. It actually tastes really nice even though it's a ready mix product. Friends even recommend this for camping as it's so easy and quick to use and will make the kids happy in no time!



Mentos Pure Fresh Spearmint Chewing Gum

I find this new range from Mentos interesting as they're now putting Green Tea extracts in a chewing gum! Green Tea is famous for its health benefits but who would have thought it will now be included in a lolly?! I haven't tried it yet as I'm not really a fan of chewing gums as it makes me bloated but I'll definitely give it a go as I think it will surely taste nice.



Mentos Very Berry

Another Mentos product but I'm not complaining as Mr SF likes lollies. I'm familiar with these flavours and I like it. I just wasn't able to try it again as it's already all gone by the time I wanted to have one. I better be quick next time. 



Uncle Toby's Creamy Honey Oats

I like that Uncle Toby's has more flavours to choose from compared to the brand we usually have. I eat oatmeals every morning and I need variation so I won't get sick of it. This Creamy Honey flavour is okay but the only thing  I don't like about their oats is that it's too crushed and can be powdery at times. I do get Uncle Toby's as an alternate brand from time to time but not really my favorite. 



Finish Quantum

I have heard Finish has great diswashing products but unfortunately, we don't use a dishwasher so this will just be given away to a friend.  Hopefully, she'll like it.



So, that's all the products I got for my June Red Pawpaw box. I am very impressed with my first box and just for $5 this is a steal. I can't wait for them to be operational again and excited now for my August box.


Did you get a Red Pawpaw box as well?
Which products did you like the most?

Do you agree with them not sending any July boxes to fix current issues with deliveries and getting more brands to participate?

I'd love to hear from you! 


Keep on smiling! :)


xoxo  Mia







5 comments:

  1. glad you liked your box - I liked what was in mine :) Yes, I agree with them not sending out July boxes so that they can fix their delivery issues - my box was left on the front door step without ringing the bell or a knock on the door - I was home all day specially waiting for delivery. I have blogged about mine at www.anentreeincolour.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by CathyC!
    That's quite frustrating when you're waiting for a package all day only to find out it's sitting on your door step all along! Much more frustrating if it got wet!
    I'm heading to you blog now to check out which goodies you liked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the email from Redpawpaw? They are going to charge for postage now, which I think is a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! They're now being hammered on Facebook! My shipping is only going to be $7.50 but I think I may change to Native Box or Notox Box.
      Are you subscribed to them as well?
      I think what's disgusting is that they used the members to tag brands to gain publicity and get products and all of the sudden they put up additional costs!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the information about Red Pawpaw. Now I know about Red Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete