Tuesday 8 July 2014

Bellabox June 2014 Review

My June Bellabox came 1st day of July but I must say it's worth the wait. I'm one of those lucky ones who got a good box and I'm not complaining. Although some members are complaining because of the discrepancy of the items when you compare boxes, personally, I will be happy as long as the items I get are worth more than the $15 that I paid for the box.

But, I guess I have a beautiful fairy godmother and I got 2 of the sneak peak items for the June box. I couldn't be any happier!

So, what did I get?


I didn't expect to get a good box as I'm one of those people who got their box quite late so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw what's inside. Patience is a virtue they say!


What are the items I got?


The front of the Info Card showing the June theme: Iconic Beauty.  Love the bright red lippie!

The back of the Info Card where it gives you description of the items you have in your box.


InStyle Magazine $9.95

This magazine looks interesting but to be honest I just browsed a little bit but haven't had the time to really look through the pages. Maybe on the weekend!


Mary Kay at Play Baked Eye Trio in Ocean View $18



The colours are lovely and it goes perfectly with my blue eyeliner. I tried it out the next day and it's highly pigmented and the colour combination is just fantastic. I love that although the colours are loud, it's very wearable. I also like that you get 3 shades in one as I love space saving products!


Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo and Conditioner samples

My box smells nice because of these babies! It has the aroma of white tea and mint and smells like fresh flowers to me! I can't stop smelling it! It says it's silicone, paraben and dye free which is a big plus for me as I've been trying to use only organic or natural products on my hair. My hair smells nice most of the time although the smell is not as strong as I want it to be. I like the packaging as well.  You just have to twist the cap and pour the shampoo or conditioner in your hand. And since I have short and fine hair I can get at least 3-5 uses from these containers.


Grown Alchemist Vanilla & Orange Peel Hand Cream - luxe sample

This is one of the sneak peak products and BB has been raving about! They say the smell of this hand cream is awesome so I just have to open it right away and have a sniff! I have to agree that it's very addictive and you just want to use it again and again! The orange scent is very strong and sticks to your hand for a long time. It also contains grapeseed, wheatgerm and rosehip oil leaving your hands smooth and soft.

It also comes with an offer to get a free full size hand cream for any purchase of any product from the Grown website so I may take them up on their offer as the full size hand cream is a little costly for me for $24.95


Nutrimetics Instant Radiance Beauty Balm sample

People have been talking about Nutrimetics lately so I'm very happy to get even a sample to check what's the buzz about. This is a beauty balm that you use a moisturiser so since I'm so excited, I tried it out right away. The smell instantly turned me off! It says it has Apricot Kernel Oil & Sesame Protein but the smell strongly reminds me of cough syrup that my mom makes me take when I was a kid. The smell is so strong that even after putting a primer and CC cream I can still smell it on my face! The beauty balm itself is really good and I like how smooth and nourished my skin feels like after using it. I think it really works for my oily face but the strong smell and price tag of $50 for 50ml may be enough reasons for me not to buy the full size. I'm very happy though to prove that Nutrimetics offer good skin care products.


L'Oreal Base Magique Primer sample

The primer I'm currently using is almost finished and I'm on the lookout to try another affordable but effective primer so I'm ecstatic to see this in my box. The moment I tried it, I know I'll be buying the full size of this product even though it's for $29.95. I just have to look out for sales! It does make my big pores less visible and almost non existent after putting my CC cream. I love that my face doesn't look that shiny all day and it's so easy to apply your make up as it sets nicely. It gives you a matte finish and you just have to make sure you apply your foundation evenly or it will look cakey.It's like a creamy paste so only downside is you have to make sure you build it up slowly and apply it evenly on your face. It works beautifully for me so I must say that's only a minor setback that I'm happy to overlook!


Kora Organics Hydrating Mask $49.95

This is the other sneak peak product and there's so much hype about Kora Organics mainly because it's by Miranda Kerr. I was happy that I get to try one of their products as I definitely won't buy this for the full price of $49.95. I think it's way overpriced compared to other good face masks out there. I was expecting it to smell really nice but I was quite disappointed since the scent is not that appealing and only smells like an ordinary oatmeal mask but with a weird scent. It's also very watery so although it's 100ml I doubt I'll get much use from it . It says it's for normal to dry skin but I still tried it out even though I have oily skin. After 10 minutes and rinsing your face, the magic starts to work. My face felt so soft and even the pores look less visible. I waited for several hours and the effect is still the same so I'm quite happy with it. It does claim its organic and I like the spa treatment I got from this face mask. I like it but not enough to buy it for full price.





Overall, I'm very happy and pleased with what I got! They continue to give me products that are new to me and products I would definitely love to use every day!


Are you currently using any of the products I got?

Are you happy with your June Bellabox as well?

Which products do you like or dislike?

I'd love to hear from you!



Keep on smiling! :)

xoxo  Mia



4 comments:

  1. I used to use that Grown hand cream until I suffered a recurrence of eczema & had to stop using this because the orange oil was irritating the patches that suddenly came up on my hands (they're gone now, but I have a little bit of redness there). I miss using it, it was a lovely hand cream & I adored the smell (plus I had a big bottle of it that ended up going to waste :o(), but I'm not going to risk inflaming my skin over the smell of a product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame! It's such a disappointment when you find a product that you really like at first but it doesn't work out for you. I guess you can just smell it but it will be hard not to use it. I hope you'll find the best smelling hand cream that works magic for you! :)

      Delete
    2. I use either Botani or the hemp hand cream from People For Plants nowadays, neither of them irritate my skin; but I wish they came in a larger size cos I go through them so quickly! Neither of them have a great smell (or much of a smell at all in the case of the PFP cream), but I'm not bothered by that.

      Delete
  2. Hullo! I've enjoyed reading your blog and have nominated you for a Leibester Award : ). See here for deets: http://littlewhitetruthsblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/leibester-award-for-blogging-ive-been.html

    ReplyDelete