Monday 21 July 2014

Bellabox July 2014 Review

After delivery delays last month, I'm actually quite pleased and surprised that my Bellabox was delivered with the first shipment! Bellabox definitely listened to their members and made extra effort to improve this month's delivery and sneak peak items inclusion.

For those that's asking what's a Bellabox?

I'ts a monthly beauty box subscription for $15 wherein you get 5+ surprise products that you can try and enjoy. Most of the products are newly released or brands that are not easily available in Australia.


What did I get?


Info Card
Designer Brands 10% off voucher
Cuccio Body Butter in Honey & Soy Milk sample
ModelCo Eye Define Eye Pencil in Black
Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat luxe sample
Designer Brands Lip Butter in Mango
Urban Rituelle Body Soap
StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum sample



July Theme: American Beauty


back of the Info Card


Here's the items:






StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum sample   50ml $89

- I love getting serum samples as they're usually expensive for the full size and it's great to trial them first before splurging on it! I haven't used StriVectin-EV and this Get Even Brightening Serum claims that it's fast absorbed, supercharged serum fights sun spots and pigmentation at the source whilst minimising the appearance of dark spots and discolouration on the skin. I'll definitely give this a go after I used up the serum I'm currently using but will definitely give a second thought in spending $89 for 50ml. Hopefully, this sample will convince me to buy the full size.




Urban Rituelle Body Soap  100gm $4.95

- I'm happy to get body soaps as I use soaps every other day. I like it more if it smells nice like this Urban Rituelle. I haven't tried this brand before but I'm pretty sure I will give this a go! It contains moisturising certified organic cocoa butter and natural plant extracts to leave your skin soft and smelling delicious all day. It smells more like jojoba oil and not cocoa butter but I'm perfectly fine with that as I love both scents. It's also affordable so let's see if this will be a must have product for me.



Designer Brands Lip Butter in Mango $4.99

- I love everything Mango so when I saw this on my box I was pretty excited to try it out. Although, it doesn't smell as Mango as I want it to be, the lip balm itself is pretty good. I have read some negative comments about Designer Brands as it's a cheap brand but personally I don't think their products are that bad. I think it has to do more with the packaging like the plastic container of this lip balm together with just a sticker attached to it. But hey, it's only $4.99 and for me as long as the product works well I'm not that bothered with the packaging. I've been using this since yesterday and I have sensitive lips that easily crack or dry up if the lip balm is not of good quality but I'm pretty happy with my soft lips from this lip balm. It hasn't cracked since I used it and my lips feel well moisturised. The packaging may be a thumbs down for the germophobics but for fuss free people this is pretty okay. I just wish it tastes or smells better!

VERDICT: okay product, quite affordable, may recommend to others




Cuccio Body Butter in Honey & Soy Milk sample   236ml $33.95

- This is the luxe product from the box but this sample is oh so tiny! It's a body butter and I'll be lucky if this will be enough to cover one arm! It's such a pity since it actually smells really nice and main ingredients are honey and soy milk. It says that this beautifully scented Californian body butter will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and I have no doubt it will. I just really wish that we got a more generous sample as it looks like a really good product. Since, this is not enough to even cover my two arms, I'll probably use this as a hand cream that I can stash in my bag or just give it away.




ModelCo Eye Define Eye Pencil in Black  $18

-I initially thought that this is an eye brow pencil and not an eyeliner! I don't know where I got that idea so this is my edited post. Thanks to the lovely ladies who kindly pointed out my error!

Since now I know that this is an eyeliner, I'm now excited to try it as I love eyeliners! It's one of my beauty essentials! I may have to wait thought before I can try it out as I still have 3 black eyeliners that I'm trying to use up first. I do love that it has a sharpener attached to the cap which is very handy! 




Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat luxe sample   5.3g $39

- This is the Sneak Peak product I got and although I would have really loved to get theBalm or the Nicole by O.P.I. Nail Polish, I'm okay with this. I call this a luxe sample as the the sample size is very generous. Full size is 5.3g and the sample is 3.2g which I think is pretty good considering it's hard to use up most products and you end up getting bored and then you'll just buy a new one. 

 The brand is Anastasia Beverly Hills that's quite famous at the moment with their innovative eye products. This is a clear topcoat that you apply over your mascara to seal in the color all day. I'll definitely keep this as most of my mascaras are non-waterproof mainly because I don't need waterproof ones as I think it's too hard to remove for everyday office use. I'll give this a go for those rare night outs where waterproof mascaras are a must! I'm not sure if I'll buy the full size though as I think it's still easier to have a waterproof mascara than buying a top coat!





I also got a 10% off voucher from Designer Brands. I checked out their website and there are heaps of good products to choose from.  I really like their make up palettes and I have one of those complete palettes. It's very affordable and I really like their lipsticks. It may not be long lasting but it's not sticky and doesn't dry or crack my sensitive lips unlike the more expensive ones. I just wish this voucher can be used in-store as well as it defeats the purpose of the 10% off if you have to pay for shipping.




The back of the voucher card shows DB's new Extend A Brow! It says you just have to swipe the silky fibres to you eyebrows to give a fuller look. I have sparse brows and this looks like a very interesting concept that I'm very keen to try. I just have to figure out which shade I should get, they have Light Medium for blonde brows or Medium Dark for black brows but looks too dark for me.



Overall, I wasn't blown away with my July Bellabox but I'm not that disappointed either. Like what I've said before, as long as the products I get are more valuable than what I have paid for the box, I'm happy with it. I got a great box for my last 2 so I'm not complaining with this one. I probably won't use some of the items I got but I'm still happy to get some usable and interesting products.


If you want to subscribe to Bellabox, here's a link you can use:


https://bellabox.com.au/bellabox/index/r/rid/46531


(If you join using the link above I get a referral bonus. Thank you in advance.)




What do you think of the July Bellabox?

What items did you get?

Do you like any of the products I got?


I'd love to hear from you!


Keep on smiling! :)

xoxo Mia

13 comments:

  1. Hey, pretty sure that the ModelCo Eye Define Eye Pencil is meant to be a eyeliner pencil not an eye brow pencil? Im yet to receive my Bella Box this month, but I would assume it was an eye liner... See how you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The define pencil is actually eye liner, not a brow pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing that out to me ladies! I must have been really sleepy as I wrote the post late last night! I'll edit my thoughts about it later and glad that it is an eye pencil which I love!
    Cheers to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the waterproof topcoat in my Bellabox as well.
    I think it is a good idea, but at the same time like you I think hmm why not just buy/use a waterproof mascara in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I don't know anyone who would pay $39 to buy a Mascara Topcoat when you can use that money to buy a Waterproof one!

      Delete
  5. It's actually not too bad a box, I think I'd actually have been happy with this if I had purchased it.

    I have that ABH product and you can also use it on your brows to 'set' them and keep them in shape. :)

    I also like the look of that DB brow gel, I'm currently using Benefit's Gimme Brow but I'd love if there was a cheaper alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for a Leibester award for blogging http://makeupwithkrystle.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/leibester-award-for-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. bella box is a must have of any ladies its like a kikay kit and i so love to have this kind of box with full of interesting products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect brows is so amazing wish it it available here in the philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the DB all products are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive heard bella box from another blogger and im not so impressed with the items in it that she featured, im waiting for my NOvermber BDJ box because its my first beauty box ever. nice to know other boxes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's an awesome package of beauty products! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too I love getting serum samples. I agree that they come expensive and I want to test first before splurging :)
    JeniG of Kalikotpepot

    ReplyDelete