Monday 6 April 2015

Happy Easter Everyone!

Happy Easter everyone!

The long weekend seems so short when you realize that you have to go back to work tomorrow! Aargh!

I used this time to regroup my thoughts, pamper myself a little bit, dream, mourn for a beloved family member who just passed away and of course to remember the meaning of the Lenten season.

Life has been a roller coaster these past few weeks and it has been really hard.  Change won't happen overtime and reality will always wake you up from your slumber. It's up to you if you want to wallow in your pain and depression or if you'll take action and control your life.

I have always been optimistic but there will be times that you'll think every thing is just going wrong all the time. They say when you're down, there's no other way but up! So pick yourself up and make the most of what you have at the moment.

These past few days has been good for me. I got some much needed rest and relaxation without worrying about every single aspect of my life. I am now taking the steps to get in control of my life. Change is inevitable, you just have to take the step and embrace the challenge.

Most importantly, I started dreaming again! Creating dreams that will one day going to be reality. I just have to focus on the end goal and enjoy the process. I'm also rediscovering my passion and giving myself time to do the things I want to do like blogging.

It will be a long way and I know there will be hiccups along the way but I'm making a promise to myself that I will always get back on my feet no matter how many times I fall.


I would also like to share some pictures that I also shared on my Instagram account ya_mia . These pictures made me happy and a little glimpse on what I did this weekend.



Here's my Instagram entry for Benefit's #easterbenetreat competition. I love Benefit and I have a weakness for palettes! Hubby also gave me this massive white chocolate egg with almonds and cranberries and it's really yummy!



My hilarious attempt to create an Easter egg nail art! I bet kids half my age can do it so much better than me! Oh well, it was fun!



Our adorable Ellie the Kelpie! We went to a park yesterday and she went inside a bush and came out with a little flower on her head. She just looks so cute and girly like her mama!




Some OOTD (Outfit of the day) with my ever present photo bomber! Camera shy not!!

cardigan: op shop/thrift shop
sunflower top: from my mom-in-law
printed leggings: sent by my mom (from Philippines)
slip ons: Bench (Philippines)
dog: RSPCA shelter











And, here's something to inspire  you and I!

credit 

There will be days that you can make a big leap and days that a small step will be full of struggle. Don't overthink it, just take one step at a time! You and I will get there eventually!




Lastly, I'd like to finish my post with something I have been realizing for quite some time now. Something that every one needs to do to feel fulfilled and happy.



BE SELFISH. LOVE YOURSELF!




xoxo  Mia


2 comments:

  1. A little extra rest and relaxation works wonders in our lives! Glad to hear you're dreaming again and working towards making those dreams reality! Enjoy the journey Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post :) I hope you feel better soon ♥
    -Fatima

    ReplyDelete