Sunday 8 March 2015

Violet Box 2015 Review

I got my February Violet Box more than a week ago but it's only now I got to write a post about it. I'm actually quite happy that it arrived on February as the January box was very late.

As usual, I'm happy with the contents and I particularly like this box because it contains items I need or meaning to buy like the exfoliator and the highlighter pen!

Here's what I got!



I really love their boxes as it's spacious and very usable!






It contains 4 full sized items and the Suki exfoliator is a very generous sample.



Love info cards! It tells you how much the items are based on the card, this February box is worth $85.73! That's such good value considering I only paid $22.95 for my monthly subscription.



This month they're having a promotion asking members to post this month's box on Instagram. It says to snap a pic and hashtag #violetboxlovin for you to win a $50 beauty swag.  This is great for IG lovers like me but I don't know what a beauty swag prize will look like! LOL





Now, let's get on to the items!




Natural World Brazilian Keratin Treatment Oil  $5.99 25ml
- It promises to repair, control frizz and restore shine. I haven't heard of this brand before but it sounds promising and can be quite handy when you're travelling. I still have some treatment oil that I need to use first so this will be put on my stock box for the mean time.




Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser  30ml deluxe sample  $46.95 120ml
- It exfoliates and cleanses your skin with all natural ingredients. It's infused with lemongrass and chamomile which I both love! It claims to gently gets rid of dirt, oil and make up while gently wiping away old layers of skin with non-abrasive sugar.  I can't wait to try this as I'm looking for an organic exfoliator and the generous sample will last for quite some time.




Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen in Coco  $32
- It says that the texture, creamy, adherent and easy to apply, gives a feeling of lightness and comfort to the skin.  I've been using this as a highlighter and it's only now, after reading the info card, that I learned that this can also be used as a concealer which is great! The shade I got is perfect for me and this is really creamy and blends easily. I can see this becoming a make up staple for me. Swatch is pictured below.




Teez Trend Cosmetics Easy on the Eyes Pencil in Black De Luxe  $26
- It says that the silky soft formula is waterproof and long lasting. I love the creamy texture of this eye pencil and reminds me of crayons! It is waterproof as I have wet my swatched hand and it's still there although it can smudge easily. I'm happy to replace my black eye pencil with this one!



Both swatches were only done once and you can see that it's very pigmented and creamy. I haven't used the black eye liner yet but the highlighter is very easy to use.  It blends quite well and stays on my oily face for a good period of time.




Pretty Woman Magnetix Nail Polish  $9.99
- It says that the unique formula uses metallic particles and metallic forces to create abstract nail patterns in three quick steps. It doesn't say what shade I got but it's more like a combination of metallic green and gold which is quite nice. It contains 2 magnet designs which are easy to use. You just put it on top of the freshly coated nail and wait for 15 seconds for the design to show. I'm clumsy so I always end up holding it too close and ruining my nails but I can't be bothered redoing it as it takes ages!


Here's what it looks like using the diagonal magnet. It's very eye catching and I love that it's very easy to remove as well!


Overall, I wasn't blown away with this February Violet Box but I like it as it contains items I need at the moment. I can't wait for the next box and crossing my fingers that I win the beauty swag, whatever it is! LOL


If you're still confused what Violet Box is, here's a brief description.


Violet Box is a monthly subscription box for $22.95 wherein you will get beauty or body products for you to enjoy!  What's exciting about a sub box is that you don't know what you're going to get but this box always have 2-3 full size products which is a lot better than other sub boxes.


If you want to subscribe to Violet Box, it will be nice and will be much appreciated if you can use my referral code or referral email below.  :)

http://www.violetbox.com.au/

REFERRAL CODE: 169092

REFERRAL EMAIL: smilingfilipina@gmail.com



So what do you think about this January Violet Box?  

Have you tried any of the products I got or heard about these brands?


I'd love to hear about your thoughts!



Keep on smiling!  :)


xoxo  Mia 



5 comments:

  1. Nice Box! :)

    I received the same eye liner in another box but haven't had the chance to try it yet! The magnetic nail polish looks so cool on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! Yes, I was actually quite surprised how it turned out.
      i haven't used the eye liner as well but I like the creamy texture. Let me know how you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really good value box with useful items! The Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser in particular sounds good to me!

    Good luck with the competition. I hope you win! You seem to be on an enviable roll with competitions at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been impressed with Violet Box, they seem to provide good brands that you can't usually easily get in stores, making it that much more special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nail polish reminds me of the Sally Hansen magnetic ones. They're so much fun! :) What a lovely bunch of goodies! xo

    ReplyDelete