Monday 2 March 2015

February 2015 Empties

The shortest month of the year has now passed and I was quite happy to finish some of the products I've been trying to use up for quite some time!


Here's my empties for the month.




Some of these products just got expired and I don't like using products whether food or non- food past the use by date. I believe there's an expiry date for a reason! I'm scared I'll get sick or the product doesn't work anymore and I'm just wasting my time and effort.





Beauty Essentials Round Cotton Pads
-I bought this as this was the cheapest I can find at Priceline. It's somewhat rough and disintegrates quite easily. Cheapest is not the best option in this category.

Verdict: Cheap but the quality is cheap as well. I won't buy this again.


Johnson's Pure Round Cotton Pads
- The worst cotton pads I have ever tried! Much worse than the Beauty Essentials one. This is very rough on my skin and I really hate it! It was such a chore trying to finish this up!

Verdict: Hate it! I'm not buying this again ever!


Beauty Essentials Fresh Make up Remover Wipes with Aloe Vera
-The worst facial wipes I have tried so far! Another disappointment from Beauty Essentials, I really need to stop choosing the cheapest when it comes to skincare. The smell is okay and quite nice but it's just not moist enough and it doesn't really remove my makeup. I can still see residue even after wiping my face off 3 times.

Verdict: Not buying from this brand again!


Manuka Doctor Apinourish Rejuvenating Face Mask
-This is a very unique face mask. It's more like a cream but it gets absorbed by your skin. The longer you wait the more it gets absorbed. It leaves my skin very soft and noticeably brighter and tighter. My pores are clearer yet smaller. It says it contains purified bee venom and manuka honey and it doesn't sting at all!

Verdict: Amazing product and my skin loves this but for $69.99 for the full size product, I don't think I can afford this!


Maskd The Green Mask
-I found this sample giveaway online and their marketing strategy is attention grabbing! They're daring people who wants to have nice skin to try their product and see if they can handle the sting! It says it will sting depending on the PH level of your skin. The sample is good for one use only and it stung me just a little bit. However, the results are not that mind boggling! It cleansed my face but not as good as I want it to be.

Verdict: Okay product but not extraordinary.


Eslor Botanical Peeling Gel
-I was actually quite confused with this product. It says it's a peeling gel but it did no such thing! It says apply on dry skin, wait 5-10 minutes and gel will melt on skin and liquefy! It claims to be an exfoliator but it feels like a regular face mask for me. No peeling for me or anything, only made my skin soft which is not extraordinary.

Verdict: Too confusing and won't buy this for $49.99 for full size!







Sukin Facial Moisturiser
-I love this moisturiser but it was forgotten as I have tried different brands and sadly, just got expired so I have to throw it out even though it's still half full. It has that distinct Sukin smell that I really love and it's very light which is a plus for me who has very oily skin, it means I can use this during daytime and under my make up.

Verdict: Love this! I'll repurchase after finishing my stock of moisturisers!


Lush Dream Cream Hand and Body Lotion
-I love this! I don't get the chance to try Lush products often but I haven't been disappointed yet. It has a strong smell of oats and essential oils and I really love it! This is Lush' number 1 product and I can see why. It's very moisturising but not sticky at all. It gets absorbed easily and leaves your skin really soft.

Verdict: Love it! Just included this on my favorites list!


Allegra Rhodes Hand and Nail Cream in Red Lychee
-It's just a sample and it's only 5ml but the packaging is really nice and cute. I hate jars but I like this so much that I didn't mind having cream underneath my nails. I usually hate fruity smells but this one is just sweet and very addictive! I love using this as the scent lingers on your hands and nails!

Verdict: Another loved product! You can buy this from the Bellabox website.


Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel
-I have stretched this to two uses as I was intrigued with this product! It's not a mask and you have to apply it on damp skin and quickly massage it for 3 minutes. The product balls up and they claim that it's now removing the dead skin. I think it's mainly just the product solidifying! It does leaves my skin soft and refreshed but I'm just not buying their claims.

Verdict: Good product but will not buy it full size!





Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturiser
-I'm not really a big fan of Jergens as they're just an ordinary drugstore brand back home. It also darkens my already tanned skin for some reason.  This one is very moisturising as the name suggests and I'm quite pleased with that. My naturally dry elbows are soft all day and scent is just subtle.

Verdict: Good moisturiser and I still have heaps of Jergens lotions to finish.


Veet Suprem' Essence In shower Hair Removal Cream
-This is so easy to use! I hate waiting butt naked for a removal cream to work! With this one, just apply the product, wait for just 1 minute and you can shower but avoid exposing the cream to direct water for at least 2 minutes. I usually just shampoo and condition my hair and then the cream is ready to be removed! No mess and easy to clean!

Verdict: Love it and has repurchased two of these already!


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Purifying Mask
-I bought this when I first started experimenting with face masks and it took ages for me to use it all up and I eventually got bored with this and was just left inside the cupboard. It has a very thick consistency and it dries easily. I like the feeling of my skin getting taut as the mask dries up.

Verdict: It's a good mask but just too boring for me!


Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright
-I got a lot of recommendations for this serum, so for someone who has always suffered from blemishes and uneven skin pigmentation I decided to try this out. At first use, the results are noticeable even just after one night! The smell is horrible, it smells like wet towels inside a cupboard! Thankfully, the smell doesn't linger and I was quite happy with this until I stopped using it for 3 months. I used it again but it's not effective anymore. I guess the active ingredients has already disintegrated but I still used it for 2 months since I hate throwing away products I bought for full price.

Verdict: Smell is not the best but effective for the first 2-3 months. I won't repurchase this for awhile.


Solace Hand and Nail Cream in Coconut & Lime
-I got this as part of a Christmas gift set 2-3 years ago. I've been using this at work as I want to use it all up but I have a love-hate relationship with this product and finally decided to chuck it out. I don't like the smell of coconut and most of the time I don't like smelling this.

Verdict: Okay product but the smell is not for me. I won't repurchase.





Foltene Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatment
-Such a waste of time and effort! It promises to lengthen and volumize your brows and lashes so I used this religiously morning and night. The first week I got irritated already, bumps appeared on my waterline and brow line but I still persevered as I wanted to give this product a chance. What happened? Absolutely nothing!

Verdict: Senseless product! I won't even use it again even if I get it for free!


Chella Luscious Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown
-I love this! The first eyebrow pencil I've tried that's very easy to use! It has a powdery finish and not very pigmented so you can build it up to your liking. I don't really know how to use an eyebrow pencil before I tried this but it's so easy to get the hang of it. It's a wind up pencil and love that my brows look natural.

Verdict: My HG eyebrow pencil! I will definitely repurchase! You can buy this from Violet Box's website.




So, that's all for this month and I'm quite pleased that I got to dispose a lot of items this time.


Have you tried any of the products I have used? Do you have any faves as well?


I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Keep on smiling! :)


xoxo Mia


6 comments:

  1. Im using Pepta bright at the moment and I agree about the smell lol Im not a fan, I haven't really noticed any difference in my skin which is a shame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's annoying isn't it when you're already torturing yourself with the smell and it's not doing anything for you?!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the eye brow pencil. I've never heard of the brand, where do you buy it and how much does it cost?
    Great empties post, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from my Violet Box and you can but it from their website, www.violetbox.com.au , and it costs $21.50. I really like it as it makes your brows fuller but in a natural way.
      You can check my post about this box as there's a picture of my brows using the eye brow pencil. :)
      http://smilingfilipina.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/violet-box-june-2014-review.html

      Delete
  3. I have the Sukin Facial Moisturiser for sensitive skin which I love but I too have been alternating it with other moisturisers. Thanks to your reminder I'll start using it more regularly again before mine expires as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually felt bad that I neglected it as I really like it! Hopefully you get to use it before it expires! Goodluck! :)

      Delete