Monday 20 April 2015

March 2015 Empties

It's time for my overdue March empties!

Emptying out products and keeping them for a few weeks just to write a monthly post gives me a high! Pictures has been taken and it's just writing this post that needs a lot of energy to do.  It's hard to concentrate and channel your beauty energy when there's too many things happening all at the same time but they say, just give it time and it will come around!

Okay, enough of the excuses and here's my nice stash of empties last month!




I'm so happy that I was able to finish several full sized products last month! I'm so proud of myself!
Because that means I can open new ones! Yey! You know the feeling when you're so itching to open and try a new product that you just bought but you're rational self keeps telling you to wait and finish the countless products you're currently using? That is a real struggle for a beauty addict! Yes, 1st world problems but there's something about makeup and beauty products that keep you addicted!


Let's get on to my individual thoughts to these products.




Organic Care Colour Shield Conditioner
- This brand's shampoo and conditioner has been appearing on my empties posts for quite some time now. It's my go to brand when I'm being thrifty and can't afford my favorite Sukin hair products. It smells organically divine!

Verdict: will always repurchase

Sukin Natural Deodorant
- Another regular product of mine. I have reviewed this before here.

Verdict: Not recommended for summer sweaty times but a good and natural deo for winter

Thursday Plantation Macadamia Oil
- I love this oil! It smells strongly of lavender oil which is one of the main ingredients and very relaxing. I love using this as a body oil and it gets absorbed by the skin quite nicely. The spray on pump is also a bonus, makes it a lot easier to use and no spillage.

Verdict: Love this! Definitely on my favorites list now and highly recommended.

Imperial Leather Body Wash in Forbidden Fruit
- My beauty blogger friend Kats of Kats Colourings  likes Imperial Leather's body washes that I just had to try it. I love that it's very affordable and it smells sweet and tangy. It's a combination of blackberry blossom and wild fig and colour purple. I like that it doesn't dry out my skin and I would love to try the other scents.

Verdict: Like this! I'll try other scents before buying this one again.

Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover
- I bought this because the bottle says it's nourishing but there's nothing exciting about this remover. I don't like the scent and it leaves a white film on your nails to "nourish" it. It does remove your nail polish but I'm really bothered with the smell.

Verdict: Not for me. I don't like the smell.

Klorane Dry Shampoo
- This is a nice dry shampoo but I don't think this is my HG. I'm yet to find it. I like the simple subtle scent but this is one of the pricier drugstore dry shampoos so I don't normally buy this.

Verdict: Okay product but pricier than others.







L'Oreal Elvive 1 Minute Miracle Treatment
- I was able to get 2 uses from this sample and I like that it's very easy to use. The scent is really nice and it did make my hair really soft and feels pampered. I just wish it made my hair shiny as well.

Verdict: Nice hair treatment but I wasn't blown away.

Surgilight Lightening Cream
- I got this from Surgilight which is a derm clinic in the Philippines. I was sold this product after an underarm treatment that was supposed to lighten my underarms. I think it worked right after I had the treatment and then I forgot about this cream for a long time. I used it again just to finish it up but there's no results anymore.

Verdict: Only works after getting a treatment so it's basically useless if you use it on its own.

Erase Diamond
-Another long forgotten product that I found in my beauty stash. I also bought this back home and it promises not to reduce stretch marks but to erase them! Such a big promise but a total fail! I used this every day all month long when I found it again but nothing happened!

Verdict: Waste of money!

Trilogy Rosehip Oil + Antioxidant
- I love this RHO! I think it may be because of the formula but my skin absorbs this oil so quickly that I'm very impressed! I also like that it doesn't stink like other RHOs and this sample bottle is just adorable!

Verdict: Love it! Highly recommended!

Essenza Cleanse + Refresh Cleansing Wipes
- This is my 2nd favorite brand for facial wipes. It smells nice, very moist and cleanses your face. I also like that the wipes are very soft and doesn't scratch your face. A must have for me!

Verdict: I will always repurchase but I also like trying out different brands.





Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
- I didn't expect to love this mascara! I like this more than the They're Real Mascara as it's easier to remove. It also volumizes my lashes a lot and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It doesn't clump as well and very easy to use.

Verdict: Love this! Highly recommended!

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb
-I have finally finished a lip balm! That is such an achievement! Haha This lip balm for some reason gave me chapped lips when I first started using it so this was forgotten. Last month, I decided to finish it up and although it can sometimes make my lips feel dry it didn't end up cracked anymore. It has a cooling effect after use which I find weird but I do like that it's very pigmented and looks like you're wearing a dark red lipstick.

Verdict: Not a fan but love the colour and staying power!

L'Oreal Base Magique Primer
-A really good primer but unfortunately it doesn't work well for all types of foundation. It keeps my foundation in place for a long time but it can be cakey and pores are highlighted to the highest level if used with a non-compatible foundation.

Verdict: A superb primer but can be a hit and miss.




Lonvitalite 24K Active Gold Eye Mask

- This mask is very moist that it actually drips so you have to be careful when putting this on. I like the cooling effect but it's too much. My skin don't usually react to mask but this one stings mainly because it's too moist and feels like I have menthol in my eyes. I actually like the other masks from this brand so this one is disappointing.

Verdict: Too moist and can sting. Not for me.

Organic Surge Tropical Bergamot Body Lotion
- I got several samples of this from Supply Warehouse and I was very surprised how good this lotion is! I'm not familiar with the brand but I'm glad I was able to try this. The scent is just lovely and so addictive! It's made from organic bergamot and sweet orange essential oils. It's very moisturising and leaves your skin smelling orange fresh all day long.

Verdict: Love this! The smell is fantastic! Highly recommended.

Strivectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum
- This serum has Vitamin C Actives so I know once opened the quality will be reduced. It would have been nice if the sample is in a small tube rather than a sachet. I haven't really seen any difference in my skin so I don't really have an opinion for this product.

Verdict: Just blah for me as sample is not enough to see results.

PHR Recovery Leave-in Moisturiser
- This smells strongly of coconut and I'm not a big fan so it's a struggle for me to finish this. It can be used as a leave-in moisturiser or a heat protectant for your hair and I like multi-purpose products. It does tame my hair and leaves it soft and I do like using it when straightening my hair.

Verdict: A good product but I just don''t like the coconut smell.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion
-I have been snubbing this brand ever since I used a lotion that left my skin dry so I was really surprised how much I love this sample! It smells of cocoa goodness and I love chocolate so I can't get enough of this! My skin smells yummy and feels so soft!

Verdict: Love this! The scent can be very addictive!

Nutrimetics DNA Cellular Age Repair Creme
- The smell is so strong and I don't like it at all! It smells of my grandma's powder and it lingers too! It's an okay product but it takes a long time for the skin to absorb this product and can be a pain in the morning when you're rushing.

Verdict: Just okay but don't like the smell.

Nutrimetics Tight Firm & Fill Face Serum
- I don't think my face needs tightening yet so I didn't see much difference when using this product. I do like that my skin seems to soak this serum quite nicely.

Verdict: An okay serum but a little pricey for me.




So happy I was able to finish this today so I can still join Ingrid of Fabulous and Fun Life's  weekly Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party!   It's nice to be pressured and motivated! Thanks Ingrid!


What do you think of my empties? Have you tried any of those products? Which ones do you love and hate?


I would love to hear your thoughts!


Keep on smiling!



xoxo Mia

6 comments:

  1. I'm using the Thursday Island Macadamia oil too, I got it as a freebie from beautyheaven. I'm not usually mad keen on lavender, yet I love the smell of this! I use it on my face every night. The lavender is so soothing when I'm trying to get to sleep. I've got the Burt's Bees shimmer, same colour, Rhubarb. When I wear a lip balm, I want some pigment & these are as pigmented as lipstick. I love the peppermint taste/smell.
    Love the review Smiley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mia! I'm impressed with all your empties, especially all the full sized ones! I know what you mean about not feeling you can justify opening and starting new products when you have so many unfinished products already open! I experience this first world problem too!

    Thanks for joining in the Monday Makeup Madness link up party fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mia! I'm impressed with all your empties, especially all the full sized ones! I know what you mean about not feeling you can justify opening and starting new products when you have so many unfinished products already open! I experience this first world problem too!

    Thanks for joining in the Monday Makeup Madness link up party fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with you Mia re: not being able to justify opening (or even buying) new products when you have unfinished ones - my problem particularly applies with nail polish! Currently banning myself from opening up 3 polishes I bought earlier in the year because I'm desparate to finish off some old mini bottles that I own. I have 6 of them, 3 of them have already joined the empties bin as they've begun to separate & have become difficult to work with & another one will be joining them soon for the same reason (but not before I do one last mani with it). The task is killing me! #firstworldbeautyproblems

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! (claps!) :D I can totally relate to the feeling for finishing up those big full sized ones and getting to open the newbies! It's so exciting!! :) I've tried quite a few Sukin products but not their deodorant, I must get that one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an empties post! So many products you got through. Great job! I really like the Macadamia oil, too. I use it on my face, so it's going to be lasting a long time, lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete