Sunday 22 June 2014

Violet Box June 2014 Review

I finally received my much awaited anniversary box from Violet Box! I was so excited to see what's inside as they promised a good box this month and I wasn't disappointed!

For those that doesn't know what Violet Box is, it's a monthly subscription box for $22.95 wherein you will get beauty or body products for you to enjoy! It's exciting as you don't know what are you going to get and Violet Box is one of the best subcription box in town!


So here's what I got:


It didn't come in it's usual black box but instead , the items were inside this gorgeous makeup bag! I'm not complaining!



It also comes with an info card that briefly describes the items you got and the prices for each one.



Strange Beautiful Nail Polish $22
This nail polish is indeed strange and beautiful as the brand name states! I have mixed feeling about this nail polish as I adore and dislike it at the same time. The packaging is really cute and intirguing but a little bit hard to use. I got the orange red and pale beige as I call it.  I will be doing a full review of this nail polish soon so watch out for it. :)

VERDICT: okay product, recommended for those who like quirky things, may or may not repurchase




Chella Brow Pencil $21.50


As I love the Chella highlighter pencil that I got from my May Violet Box, I was thrilled to get another product from this brand. It's a mechanical pencil that you can use to color your brows from blonde to dark brown. I don't have blonde eyebrows but this actually works well for my brow color!

Here's the proof:

Left brow : bare
Right brow:  with Chella brow pencil

I'm not really good with using brow pencils but this pencil makes me feel like a pro! It helps that it has a very small tip and you can easily control the direction of the pencil without overdoing it. The color is just a light brown that easily blends with my sparse brows. The only con about this product is that it may take awhile to draw your brows than using a brow powder, but I think with practice I can easily get the hang of it.

VERDICT: good product, highly recommended, great value for money, may repurchase


Blackseed Shampoo $18.95 150ml / $44.95 500ml
Tamanu Conditioner $18.95 150ml / $44.95 500ml

I received an Appelles soap from another subscription box last month so I'm intrigued if I will love this shampoo and conditioner as well. It has that nice Ylang Ylang smell although it's not strong enough to leave your smelling nice all day which is a disappointment. I like that it has a slight cooling effect on your scalp and my hair felt soft and clean afterwards. It's tricky to use sample bottles in the shower but I'm glad that the caps of these bottles are not slippery at all. It's just a juggling act trying to pour it, close it and putting it in your hair. I like the products but not too much for me to buy them at that price. There are cheaper organic or natural shampoos in the market. 

VERDICT: okay product, may recommend, may not purchase the full size


ghd Straight & Tame Cream $24

This is the sneak peak product and as promised it's full sized. GHD is famous for it's quality and you can usually only buy these from salons. It's actually a cream and claims to tame and transform unruly hair with ease. It says it's best to use on towel dried hair before blow drying but I did a little bit of research and you can also use it before you straighten your hair. It has a nice faint sweet smell and easy to use. I tried it and used an Instyler to straighten my hair but my hair still ended up frizzy which is a big disappointed for me as I was expecting a lot from this product. I may give it a go again and hoping it will give me better results next time.

VERDICT: not yet convinced it's a great product, may recommend, good value for money as it's a cream and can last a long time



Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner $30.95

For a sample, this a good size as you can use it multiple times and I'm happy to test this sebium. It's formulated for combination to oily skin and since I have a very oily skin, I gave it a go right away. It claims to matifies, refines and smoothes the skin texture and it surely does. It says it makes an excellent make up base and it does give you a powdery finish. My pores does look smaller and skin looks firmer. I teamed this with a primer and a CC cream and I can definitely see the difference. Others, however, report that they get breakouts from using Bioderma products so I'm crossing my fingers that I will not have the same fate as I'm loving this product already. I'm considering buying the full size after my sample runs out but the price is making me think twice. 

VERDICT: great pore minimiser, highly recommended, may purchase but a little costly for me


Caddy's Cosmetic Pouch $26

I love the idea of using a cosmetic pouch than a box for this month! This will definitely get used and I just have to organize my everyday makeup so I can use this. Although I'm happy with what I got, I saw that the others received another style with a light pink or beige colour that I prefer. It may be just a little bit pricier than your usual drugstore cosmetic pouches but the quality surely made up for it. It's sturdy and has many compartments inside.



I like that it has zip compartments and a special compartment for your pencils!

VERDICT: great product, highly recommended, great value for money



Overall, I'm very pleased with this month's box. Violet Box definitely made sure that all the members can happily celebrate their anniversary! I can't wait for the next month's box now! :)


If you want to subscribe to Violet Box, it will be nice and will be appreciated if you can use my referral code or referral email below.  :)

http://www.violetbox.com.au/

REFERRAL CODE: 169092


REFERRAL EMAIL: smilingfilipina@gmail.com


Do you love your June Violet Box as well?

Which products caught your fancy?

I'd love to hear from you!



Keep on smiling! :)


xoxo Mia

2 comments:

  1. Great review Mia. I signed up today using your referral code. Can't wait to receive my first VB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nat! I'm pretty excited now to get my July VB! I've never been disappointed with the items that I got from them. Hopefully, you'll be thrilled with your 1st box. I believe they'll start delivering this week!

      Delete